GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Provides complex professional work ensuring proper application of Civil Engineering principles and techniques, for the Engineering Services Department.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: • Provides support to the Chief Development Review Engineer in the development review process.
• Reviews, evaluates and presents technical analyses of applications submitted for public hearings.
• Advises Development Review technical staff in highly complex technical matters concerning plan review and construction inspections functions.
• Attends Development Review Committee meetings to discuss project coordination, procedures and acceptance.
• Attends public hearings, meetings and pre-construction conferences, etc., concerning projects.
• Provides specific input in association with other staff members to review, develop and update existing rules, regulations, ordinances, specifications and procedures associated with land development and Capital Improvement Projects.
• Reviews technical documents as submitted by engineers and developers for compliance with Nassau County Code of Ordinances, Right-of-Way, Development Review, etc.
• Meets with developers and staff to discuss proposed projects as directed.
• Reviews technical documents as submitted by engineers and developers.
• Meets with developers and staff to discuss proposed projects.
• Prepares status reports as directed. Prepares exhibits to aid in Board decision making.
• Performs and completes special projects as assigned.
• Attends training, continuing education, seminars, etc. to enhance and maintain essential skills.
• Performs a variety of routine administrative duties as required, which may include but are not limited to preparing reports and correspondence, entering computer data, attending and preparing minutes of meetings, answering the phone, etc.
• Interacts and communicates with various groups and individuals such as the Board of County Commissioners, County Attorney, subordinates, County employees, developers, engineers, contractors, consultants, municipal personnel, various other Local, State, Federal agencies, vendors and the general public.
• Operates a vehicle and a variety of equipment which may include a computer, printer, fax machine, copier, calculator, telephone, two-way radio; utilizes an engineering and Development Review Engineer architectural scale, etc.
• Attends and remains at work regularly and adheres to policies and procedures regarding absenteeism and tardiness. Provides adequate notice to higher management with respect to vacation time and leave requests.
• Performs related duties as required.
(These essential functions are not a complete statement of all duties required of the job. Employees will be required to perform such other related job duties as may be assigned or required.)
Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering. Must possess a State of Florida Certificate as an Engineer in Training or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Must possess a valid State Driver’s License.
About Nassau County Board of County Commissioners
Nassau County is located in the Northeast section of Florida just South of Georgia, and has a population of approximately 61,094 and is about 671 square miles in size. Nassau County Board of Commissioners employs approx. 350 employees and offers a cometitive benefits package.