We have an exciting full-time opportunity for a Project Engineer in our Lynchburg office.
An integral part of our Engineering Services division, this full-time position will execute on the following critical aspects of our business:
* Analyzes and executes calculations using various project-related software systems for traffic, hydraulics, hydrologic, land development municipal and environmental engineering projects.
* Analyzes survey reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, aerial photography, and other topographical and/or geologic data to complete design projects.
* Work closely with other engineers and project managers to ensure accuracy of project deliverables and timeliness of development.
* Helps estimate quantities and costs of materials, equipment or labor to develop estimated construction project costs for determination of project feasibility.
* Prepares project proposals and reports as necessary.
The ideal candidate for this position must have or be the following:
* A self-starter with an undergraduate education in a formal engineering discipline, preferably in civil engineering.
* Possess a can-do, team-player disposition, with a willingness to learn on the go.
* Possess or be willing to obtain shortly after hire a PE designation. At a minimum, the candidate must have an EIT designation.
About Hurt & Proffitt, Inc.
Hurt & Proffitt cares deeply about the communities and partners we serve, and we are inspired to be the most responsive and trusted provider of multi-discipline professional services in the industry. We will take every opportunity to make our communities better by continuing our heritage of creating great relationships through personal service, vast institutional knowledge, utilization of technology, and the responsive delivery of integrated services.
Our Guiding Principles:
We will maintain and practice the highest standards of safety, integrity, honesty, and fairness.
We will recruit and retain employee-owners who share our mission and principles.
We will embrace professional standards, respect all people, and create a challenging environment for personal and professional growth.
We will build lasting relationships with our partners, fellow employees, and communities that we serve.
We will consistently exceed expectations, stand with our partners, and promise outstanding, responsive customer service.
We will be civic-minded and recognize that every project is an opportunity for a better tomorrow.