Direct the working of a cross functional team to ensure the homogenized cigar sheets meet all specifications utilizing a product development process. As part of a multidisciplinary team, this position will be responsible for carrying out various product quality and improvement activities including supplier evaluation, root cause analysis, and corrective action as new product design or process improvement. Work as a Team Member to improve the present production processes and enhance the productivity, quality and profitability of the operation.
Evaluate and improve processes in the manufacture of homogenized cigar sheet, including:
• Develop and implement systems that optimize all phases of production process.
• Provide input and recommendations on system performance, design modifications, suggestions & technical support during “incident” investigations always aware of short term & long term solution paths and, when required, provide the lead on corrective actions.
• Work with equipment designers and the NuWay Team to develop cost-effective solutions.
Communicate with suppliers to ensure tooling and processes align with design intent and resolve production issues with redesign if necessary ad support launch of new design.
A commitment to constantly reach out to all members of our NuWay Team to gain understanding & direction in the implementation of our daily activity, including:
• Develop clear definitions of problems being addressed.
• Provide explanations for potential remedies and expected outcomes.
• Define related benefits, costs & time lines to ensure projects reach their goals.
Knowledge and Skills
A solid foundation in mechanical engineering concepts is required, including:
• Skills with data analysis and CAD programs.
• Analytical and problem solving skills.
• Attention to detail is essential.
• Strong familiarity with Microsoft “office” products
• Root cause, Flow charts, DOE, Standard Work
High degree of self-motivation and the ability to work independently are essential.
• Ability to thrive in challenging and un-structured environments required.
• Flexibility and openness to new thinking required.
• Possess strong organizational and time management skills.
Bachelors or Master Degree in Mechanical Engineering and Manufacturing Engineering
The Mechanical Engineer position is integral to providing manufacturing with daily operational direction and solutions to maintain and improve product/process and quality standards. Maintain excellent communications with all departments. Hands on experience with manufacturing is a must. Must have a minimum of 8- 10 years’ experience.
Additional Salary Information: Competitive compensation and benefit package
About The NuWay Tobacco Company
Nuway Tobacco is the oldest, longest running sheet tobacco manufacturer in the Northern Hemisphere. It is a third generation family run business founded on the premise of integrity and ethics.