Mid-level position that, with moderate supervision, performs technical duties related to rail systems. The focus will be light rail vehicle (LRV) overhaul and maintenance. Duties include data collection and analysis, field inspection, testing, preparation and review of test reports, review of drawings and electrical schematics, configuration control of rail vehicle systems documentation, and management of small engineering projects. May also include maintenance, troubleshooting, and project management of light rail vehicle systems upgrades and overhauls. Requires a commitment to safety through consistent and professional behaviors in performance of job requirements that demonstrates safety is a fundamental value that guides all aspects of our work. Performs related duties as required.
1. Provide services related to TriMet's rail vehicles and electrical control systems. This includes work related to the overhaul and maintenance of light rail vehicles, including their electrical and mechanical systems and components. The primary focus of this position will be the overhaul and maintenance of light rail vehicles. All design work will be performed under the supervision of a professional engineer, licensed in the State of Oregon.
2. Perform technical and project management functions of light rail vehicle systems.
3. Review product and systems design submittals. Evaluate material selection for compliance with contract requirements and TriMet criteria. Prepare prescriptive comments for remedial action by others.
4. Assist in the preparation of documents for the light rail vehicle mid-life overhaul project.
5. Monitor contractor performance and contractor provided installations and equipment on light rail systems. Monitor and document daily progress and report on quality of work.
6. Witness and document testing of various light rail vehicle systems and equipment. Troubleshoot problems that occur during testing.
7. Assist in the design, installation, and testing of changes to existing light rail vehicle systems equipment.
8. Assist in documenting safety certification of light rail vehicle systems and equipment.
9. Prepare engineering analysis, write technical reports, and make recommendations, as assigned.
10. Maintain engineering records and project technical files.
Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Engineering. Professional registration from the State of Oregon is desired.
A minimum of six (6) years total credited experience. Experience in general or specialized rail systems required.
Or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Type of Position / Grade / FLSA: Grade 14, Exempt, Non-Union, Full-Time, Limited Term: Position is budgeted through June 30, 2019
Selection Process– Candidates will be selected based at a minimum on the result of: 1. Application Review/ Please Include: Cover Letter and Resume 2. Interview 3. Reference Check
Supplemental Information: Make sure you describe in detail how your education, training and work experience fit with this role. You are encouraged to attach a resume, cover letter, training certificates and/or letters of recommendation with your application. You are permitted five attachments of less than 5MB each.
Internal applicants: Information in your personnel file will not be used in lieu of information requested on your application. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
If you are a qualified veteran and would like to apply for veterans' preference points, you will need to reflect your status on the application and attach supporting documentation at the time of application submission.
If you need accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act for any part of the application process, contact our Human Resources staff at 503-962-7505, or the TTY line at 7-1-1. Note that we require a minimum of two workdays' notice prior to the need for accommodation.
TriMet is an equal opportunity employer, committed to developing an organization that is reflective of and sensitive to the needs of the diverse community we serve, including veterans, the elderly, and individuals with disabilities.
4012 SE 17th Ave., Portland, OR 97202·503-962-7640·trimet.org/careers An Equal Opportunity Employer
Internal Number: 18-00156
TriMet provides bus, light rail and commuter rail service in the Portland, Oregon, region. Our transportation options connect people with their community, while easing traffic congestion and reducing air pollution — making our region a better place to live.