The City of Buckeye is seeking a Civil Engineer that is experienced with multiple disciplines and capable of thriving in a fluid environment.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties are not intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by an employee in this classification, only a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed, and may be required to perform additional position-specific duties.
• Assists in the preparation of grant applications and administration of grant funds.
• Represents the City on various technical committees of the Maricopa Association of Governments.
• Reviews detailed plans, specifications, and estimates for various Capital Improvement Projects.
• Reviews projects for conformance to City policy and applicable codes and ordinances.
• Prepares scope of professional services for design work and coordinates the advertisement for
• Makes technical reviews and provides recommendations regarding designs prepared by
consulting engineers and architects.
• Writes analytical reports and correspondence.
• Provides technical engineering analysis of proposed projects; evaluates need for design changes
and makes recommendations;
• Keeps current and accurate records on each project.
• Participate in the conceptualization, review and approval of private development engineering
plans relative to infrastructure.
• Reviews subdivision plans for compliance to ADEQ regulations and capacity needs and
recommends approval to the City Engineer.
• Provides technical information, assistance, and expertise to staff, City Council, and others.
• Evaluates, investigates and responds to citizen requests and inquiries.
• Demonstrates superior seamless customer service, integrity, and commitment to innovation,
efficiency, and fiscally responsible activity.
• Provides technical assistance to support policy formulation in all aspects of the City's water and
• Performs other related duties as required
Minimum Qualifications & Position Requirements:
Any combination equivalent to training and experience that could likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities to qualify. A typical way to obtain the knowledge, skills and abilities would be a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in civil transportation or mechanical engineering. Must obtain an Arizona P.E. within one (1) year from date of hire. Five (5) years of professional experience is required. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Internal Number: 433
About City of Buckeye
As a City government, our focus is serving the citizens of Buckeye. We are committed to excellence in ensuring the safety of our community and promoting quality of life for our citizens. This is achieved through our talented workforce and we value employees as our greatest asset.