Autoliv, Inc., a world leader in development and manufacture of automotive safety is currently accepting resumes for a Process Engineer in Paint and Molding for the Tech Support Group at the Autoliv Module Facility in Ogden, UT.
Job Description and Responsibilities
· Oversees the complexities associated with the maintenance, repair and design improvements of automated paint equipment and robotics.
· Oversees maintenance, repair and design improvements of automated paint equipment.
· Operates paint process and application equipment in accordance with established control plans and specifications in order to satisfy the customer quality standards and delivery schedule.
· Communicates and cooperates with paint suppliers and equipment suppliers on usage optimization, formulation compatibility, paint performance and quality issues on current programs and future developmental programs.
· Utilizes problem solving tools (8D, Fishbone, 5 Why) to solve and eliminate problems and variation.
· Responsible for complex paint mixing and ensuring accurate product inventory of the paint.
· Demonstrates competence and provides expertise in the utilization of solvent based 1K and 2K PU paints, fluid delivery systems, and robotic liquid coating application equipment and processes.
· Demonstrates proficiency in trouble-shooting appearance and performance issues as well as training others in problem identification and resolution.
· Performs preventative maintenance of the paint application systems.
· Ensures proper handling of paints and solvents per waste handling regulations.
· Performs process equipment specification development.
· Utilizes and demonstrates proven ability to set up a paint kitchen capable of quick change-over
· Reviews current paint processes for modifications as requested by the customer.
· Meets customer requirements to improve efficiency, quality and or characteristics.
· Uses specified software packages for advanced analysis.
· Prepares justification documentation for capital expenditure improvements.
· Supports the ongoing development of Process FMEAs.
· Maintains the organization and 5S of the paint vault in the Paint Facility.
Hands on competence with robotic programming is preferred.
· Solid Works experience and hands on mechanical aptitude preferred.
Knowledge of various pre-treatment and paint cure systems preferred.
· Knowledge and experience with solvent based 1K and 2K PU paints, paint mixing, paint delivery systems, and robotic liquid coating application equipment preferred.
Preferred Experience with:
- Automotive Industry - Water borne paints and system setup.
- Toyota Production Systems - PLCs and PC controlled systems
- ABB Robotics - Allen Bradley programming
- IR ovens and overhead conveyors.
Bachelor degree in Industrial, Mechanical, Manufacturing, Process, or Product Engineering, with strengths in fluid dynamics.
Autoliv is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Autoliv does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where Autoliv does business.
Internal Number: REQ15104
As a leading provider of automotive occupant safety solutions, Autoliv North America is always searching for exceptional men and women who are looking to share our passion for preserving the security and well-being of passengers, while broadening their capabilities.