Under the general direction of the Repair & Rebuild Business Manager, this role supports the sales efforts of SP&R Repair/Rebuild and aftermarket parts business by serving as a technical expert and providing hands on supervision of equipment inspections, trouble shooting and maintenance at customer sites.
II. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Support our clients by attending mill shut downs and evaluating mechanical soundness of equipment in question.
• Provide objective service reports to mills used as the biases for upgrade & Repair/Rebuild quotes and maintain records.
• Develop working relationship with customer and contractors.
• Coordinate with engineering & product groups to diagnose and solve problems encountered on site.
• Provide technical assistance to sales personnel in analyzing customer requirements.
• Train Customer personnel in the operation and maintenance of equipment.
• Assist in customer presentation related to installation, operation and maintenance of company produced systems and equipment.
• Maintain up to date knowledge of company products, offered services and warranty obligations.
• Perform other related duties, as assigned or associated with the responsibility.
III. OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
• Provide timely reports – reports are due upon completion of job but not to exceed 10 working days
• Assist in other regions with product support
IV. POSITION QUALIFICATIONS
• Associates Degree in a related technical field and/or at least six years equivalent experience and education in pulp and paper machinery engineering.
• Experience working in the Pulp and Paper industry with a focus on Stock Prep equipment.
• Requires the ability to read blueprints and diagrams. Must be able to perform arithmetic calculations involving fractions, decimals, percentages, and metric conversions.
• Working knowledge of electronics, hydraulics, pneumatics and basic maintenance preferred.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
• Must possess excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Strong leadership ability is essential to supervise work groups.
• Periodic drug testing done by GL&V and conform to individual mill drug testing requirements.
• Maintain current Passport and Valid Drivers License.
• Travel, 60% minimum of field days is expected, International travel may be required, Air travel is required
• Must be accessible during normal working hours and other non- standard hours occasionally as needed to support customers
V. PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The work environment will be that typical of a mixed office/heavy manufacturing facility. Visits to customer sites and other company facilities may necessitate spending time in manufacturing areas containing certain physical or chemical hazards.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk through the plant, reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand for extended hours, type, requiring wrist-finger speed and ability. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools and controls. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move from 5 to 20 pounds and occasionally expert force up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually mild.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Internal Number: 3186
GL&V Pulp and Paper Group designs and markets equipment used in various stages of pulp and paper production, from pulp preparation to sheet forming and finishing. GL&V serves the global market with spare parts, rebuilds, upgrades and optimization services for new and existing equipment. Our pulp and paper group is focused on innovation and provides technologies that generate energy and cost savings for our customers. GL&V USA operation has offices located in Nashua NH, Lenox, MA and Hudson Falls NY.
BACK TO TOP
AIAA Career Center is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else AIAA Membership has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at AIAA Career Center.