- Managing, planning, and conducting hydrodynamic studies in rivers, streams, lakes, reservoirs, estuary and coastal environments
- Coastal and inland hydrologic and hydraulic data collection and analysis including USACE Sediment flume (Sedflume) and Acoustic Doppler Current Profiler (ADCP) studies, wave, water level and current measurements, shoreline surveys, instrument deployment and discharge measurements
- Sediment transport studies and modeling
- Supervising junior engineers
- Water management studies
- Flood analysis
- Water quality modeling
- Hydrologic studies and modeling
- Hydraulic studies and modeling
- Comprehensive watershed management plan development
- Statistical analysis and information management
- GIS development
- Computer programming for developing modeling tools and data analysis
- Database design and development
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
- Masters or higher of Civil or Environmental degree
- 5+ years experience working on hydrodynamic and/or water resource projects
- 1+ years working experience using Environmental Fluid Dynamics Code (EFDC)
- 3+ years combined experience with appropriate software/programs, EFDC_Explorer, Delft3D, ECOMSED, CH3D, TABS, MIKE11/MIKE21, HEC-6, GSTARS, AGNPS, WASP 7.3, QUAL2E, CE-QUAL-W2, CE-QUAL-RIV, HEC-HMS, TR20, SWMM, ICPR, HSPF, AGNPS, HEC-RAS, FESWMS. In addition familiarity with GIS and CAD tools such as AutoCAD, ArcGIS, and MapInfo.
- Excellent technical & presentation skills
- English language fluency
- Consultancy background desirable however not essential
About Dynamic Solutions International, LLC
Dynamic Solutions International, LLC (DSI) is committed to providing our clients with solutions to their Water Resources, Hydrodynamic, Sediment Transport and Environmental challenges through innovative planning and engineering with the application of state of the art techniques and computer models and related tools.