ALBIS Plastics Corporation belongs to the world's leading company in the area of distribution and compounding Thermoplastics. With four compounding locations in Hamburg, Zülpich, Knutsford, and Changshu (and the fifth coming soon to Duncan, South Carolina) and a total of 19 subsidiaries in many European countries as well In North Africa, the Far East and North America, we are international.
We are currently looking for someone to join our team as a Business Development Manager in the Automotive and Electrical & Electronics areas. It is strongly preferred that this person be located in the Southeast Michigan area.
The job summary for this individual is as follows: to identify, participate in, monitor and successfully conclude projects at Automotive and E&E-related OEM’s and associated system suppliers. To develop specifications for, and sales of, ALBIS own branded products. To promote the image and awareness of ALBIS and own brands.
- Lead and opportunity management in accordance with segment strategy: scouting (identification of target accounts), promoting products when generating new leads, qualifying new leads, opportunity management using CRM tool and project tracking and completion
- Investigating business conditions related to company activities, such as industry trends, competition and regulations
- Implementing segment strategy by tracking, scouting and concluding new business opportunities
- Developing newbusiness activities with an emphasis on product promotion and specifications among OEMs and system suppliers
- Managing technical and business aspects of new business development projects (incl. pricing) before handover to sales
- Creating new business development activities; managing their progress and commercial output using CRM tool
- Conducting regular business assessments by tracking growth plans from a market segment perspective
- Providing success stories and case studies (both internal and external to the ALBIS group)
- Collecting market trends and customer feedback to help expand product portfolio and aid in creation of new product development initiatives
- Translating customer feedback into long-term market trends
- Giving sales trainings and presentations in order to foster, multiply, and transfer market opportunities based on new products and applications
- Participating in workshops, trade fairs, and conferences in order to remain on top of changes within the industry
- Networking with industry business professionals and lobbyists