- Strong organizational skills to work effectively in a team setting on concurrent processes and projects to meet established goals, deadlines, and quality standards.
- Ability to write, analyze, and edit technical test questions and other materials for clarity, cognitive level, and appropriateness of technical content.
- Ability to utilize relevant information in style guides and technical resource materials.
- Strong spelling and proofreading skills, with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including ability to write collateral program materials for print and web, and the ability to make effective presentations to stakeholder groups.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively with staff, volunteers, and stakeholders to accomplish NICET goals and objectives.
- Solid computer software skills, including database, internet, email, word processing, item authoring and banking applications.
- Ability to travel occasionally
Demonstrating competencies previously provided and employing applicable established Standard Operating Procedures to:
- Work within the program development team to assist with the development of new certification programs, and maintain existing programs.
- Monitor the progress of assigned test development and maintenance projects, ensure that all procedures have been followed, and that NICET standards and specifications have been met.
- Work within the program development team to recruit subject matter experts (SMEs).
- Understand and apply style guides. Update and maintain program-specific style guides.
- Assist with the facilitation of meetings, monitor progress, and prepare meeting reports as needed.
- Work within the program development team to plan and prepare for workshops; including meeting room reservations and setup, SME travel and lodging, catering, etc.
- Work within the program development team to assist with the management of item writing workshops and item review sessions, ensuring that SMEs are properly trained.
- Conduct editing of test items, and work within the program development team to ensure that the item-editing process is completed in a timely manner, that content fits and fulfills approved test specifications, and that form and structure is consistent with psychometric standards, NICET standards, and American English standards of grammar and spelling.
- Confirm that complete and accurate information about test items has been recorded in the test banking software.
- Confirm that graphics are clear, owner approved for use and links to items have been correctly entered.
- Coordinate the identification, approval, and listing of reference/resource materials. Find or confirm needed information in technical source materials.
- Monitor test bank statuses and perform quality control checks.
- Assist with the publishing of tests and work within the program development team to resolve test QA issues.
- Assist with the preparation of NICET’s database for test publication and perform/verify necessary data entry.
- Maintain SME documentation to ensure currency and completeness.
- Meticulously manage, maintain, and reconcile departmental fiscal accounting records for all program development and maintenance activities including staff, SME, and consultant expenses.
- Prepare written materials as needed in support of NICET marketing and other related functions.
- Maintain the security of confidential test, candidate, and vendor information.
- Provide guidance to stakeholders on the use of NICET certification programs.
- Work with SMEs on the development and maintenance of practice tests.
21. Perform other duties as assigned.